Casa Calabria is one of 23 restaurants owned and operated by the Johnson, Barbiere, and Fernandez families.
Located throughtout the Upper Peninsula and the Milwaukee area, the first of the family restaurants was opened in 1948 on Division Street in Ishpeming
by our grandparents, Felix and Concetta Sarvello Barbiere, selling cudighis out of their storefront.
Since then, over 20 other restaurants have been added to the family portfolio with the most recent opening in 2014 in Mequon, WI. Casa Calabria and the Villa Capri in Marquette and Tino's and Mama Mia's in Ishpeming have kept the Barbiere tradition alive and well.
We are proud to have had five uncles, four cousins and ourselves, Jim and Joan Johnson as owners of these unaffiliated but family connected restaurants.
And now, we are fortunate to have the third generation, our children Amy Oman, Eliot Kroll, and Jimmy Johnson continuing the family tradition here at the Casa.
Thank you for visting our site,
The Johnson Family
OUR FAMILY RESTAURANTS
1948 - 1964
Felix's Cudighis, Ishpeming, MI
1954 - 1967
Mama Mia's, North Ave, Milwaukee, WI
1960 - 1962
Barbiere's Italian Restaurant, Fond du Lac Ave, Milwaukee, WI
1962 - 1985
Barbiere's Italian Restaurant, Bluemound Ave, Wauwatosa, WI
Barbiere's Italian Inn, Bluemound Ave, Milwaukee, WI
Tino's Pizza, Iron St, Negaunee, MI
1967 - 1970
Villa Capri, Third St, Marquette, MI
Mama Mia's, Silver Spring Dr, Milwaukee, WI
Mama Mia's, Burleigh St, Milwaukee, WI
Villa Capri, US 41 West, Marquette, MI
Mama Mia's, Greenfield Ave, Milwaukee, WI
Mama Mia's, Randall St, Waukesha, WI
Mama Mia's, Pearl St, Ishpeming, MI
Casa Calabria, Third St, Marquette, MI
1985 - 1990
Something Italian, Division St, Sheboygan, WI
Mama Mia's, Oakland Ave, Milwaukee, WI
Mama Mia's, Oklahoma Ave, Cudahy, WI
Mama Mia's, Bluemound Ave, Brookfield, WI
Mama Mia's, Summit St, Wales, WI
Barbiere's Italian Inn, Milwaukee Ave, Milwaukee, WI
Mama Mia's, Main St, Washington, WI
Mama Mia's, Racine Ave, Muskego, WI
Mama Mia's, Mequon Ave, Mequon, WI